Wednesday, October 27, 2021

"Preistly" Duties

 In the LARP I play, my character aspires to be a priest to the goddess of knowledge and love, named Tara. It's an interesting path because in real life I am an atheist but at the same time the whole experience brings me closer to religion in general. I find some religious writings to have significance in terms of people's lives and how people should interact with each other. Religion has done good and bad in this world, and I would like to focus on the good (while standing up against the bad).

Some examples of things that are in my Book of Tara:

Never stop learning.

Never stop loving

Sorrow and Remembrance - Happy is the heart that still feels pain.

Generosity - while this can be of time, physical items, etc. I always think of Generosity of Spirit. Colored by the path of Sorrow and Remembrance (My path), Generosity would be interpreted as empathy, sympathy, or compassion.

To know Generosity of spirit is to act with kindness, to be open and willing to share with others without expectation of receiving something in return.

A nurturing environment is one that gives Tara's children the security and opportunity to discover themselves and their world.

Some of this is Christian based that I have discovered over time.  Some is song lyrics. Some is a little of everything else. All I know is that playing my LARP character I am trying to be a better person outside of LARP.

Hopefully it is working. In the meantime no matter what path you follow, I hope you give and receive kindness in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ugly Cry Reading the Sandman (SPOILERS)

Hello.  It's been a while but sometimes I depserately need my voice here, other times not so much.  Things have been busy with my family...